Access to custom fields in dictionary

已查看 22 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Gary Walborn

未读,
2011年2月1日 14:27:432011/2/1
收件人 scarl...@googlegroups.com
All:

I am going to use field 8 in my dictionary entries for a special
purpose. I would like to be able to easily edit this field when working
with a dictionary. Is there any easy way to do this? For example, when
I do:

MODIFY DICT FRTHDR

I would like to be able to easily see and change field 8 for any of my
defined fields.

Thanks in advance,

Gary Walborn
gwal...@gmail.com

Ashley Chapman

未读,
2011年2月1日 15:04:062011/2/1
收件人 scarl...@googlegroups.com
On 1 February 2011 19:27, Gary Walborn <gwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> All:
>
>        I am going to use field 8 in my dictionary entries for a special
> purpose.  I would like to be able to easily edit this field when working
> with a dictionary.  Is there any easy way to do this?  For example, when
> I do:
>
> MODIFY DICT FRTHDR
>
> I would like to be able to easily see and change field 8 for any of my
> defined fields.

No simple way that I know of. You are just going to have to use the
editor or SED. Or write your own routine. That's what I did, as part
of Anji. It's not in my public GPL release yet (I must get around to
building a better release mechanism, so I can do frequent updates).

Also, I've been using field 8 for a variety of uses. I've notionally
defined it as multivalued - one value for each defined usage. E.G.
<8,1> for pop-up help text code
<8,2> for foreign key filename (same as AREV verifile)
<8,3> ...

Hope that helps

Ashley Chapman

tom h

未读,
2012年7月25日 20:16:362012/7/25
收件人 scarl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this really old thread. Its probably pointless now, but it was a puzzle I couldn't resist.

HTH, tom H

 :ED VOC MOD.DICT
VOC MOD.DICT
2 line(s)
----: P
0001: PA
0002: MODIFY DICT <<I2,FileName>> <<I3,ItemId>> F1 LOC CNV D.NAME FORMAT SM ASSOC F8
Bottom at line 2
----:
****
:MOD.DICT STUFF COLOR

MODIFY DICT STUFF

Id: COLOR
  1: TYPE/DESC=D
  2: LOC      =1
  3: CONV     =
  4: NAME     =COLOR
  5: FORMAT   =10L
  6: S/M      =S
  7: ASSOC    =
  8: F8       =Attribute for stuff.

Action(n/FI/Q/?):

Ashley Chapman

未读,
2012年7月26日 02:22:022012/7/26
收件人 scarl...@googlegroups.com

That's nice!  Brilliantly simple.  Should be there as standard.  Thanks.

--
Ashley Chapman

Gene Buckle

未读,
2012年7月26日 09:02:092012/7/26
收件人 scarl...@googlegroups.com
Now THIS is cool. Thanks Tom!

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007
Some people collect things for a hobby. Geeks collect hobbies.

Buying desktop hardware and installing a server OS doesn't make a
server-class system any more than sitting in a puddle makes you a duck.
[Cipher in a.s.r]
回复全部
回复作者
转发