Crystallisation job opportunity at CSIRO

Alex Caputo

Sep 11, 2022, 8:02:31 PM9/11/22
to scanz...@googlegroups.com

Dear SCANZ Colleagues,

As many of you may know, the CSIRO Parkville site recently closed and has relocated to our main Clayton campus adjacent to Monash University and the Australian Synchrotron. As such, our protein crystallisation centre has undergone a significant change in staffing and operational mode.

We are seeking a centre manager to join my team and to help with this transition and to ensure our structural biology capability remains strong to support Australian industry and researchers. To maybe elaborate slightly on the job ad below, although we’d be keen to have someone with experience in protein crystallisation, this isn’t a strict requirement. This is less of a direct research role (although likely enhanced by previous research experience) and a broad skillset will be appreciated in a candidate to help manage projects, clients, and complex infrastructure.

Below is a link to the job ad and where you can apply. The deadline is soon, closing on the 18th of September.

https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Melbourne%2C-VIC-Biomolecular-Crystallisation-and-Characterisation-Manager/919758300/

Please feel free to get in touch with me at any point at alex....@csiro.au

Cheers,

Alex Caputo

Research Scientist

Team Leader - Structural Biology Team

Manufacturing Business Unit

CSIRO

alex....@csiro.au T +61 3 9545 2801

Research Way, Clayton, Victoria, Australia, 3168

ORCiD: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5007-6896