new to scangauge

rgw3955

Jun 14, 2008, 9:58:44 AM6/14/08
to Scangauge
Hi, I just installed a new Scangauge ll in my 2002 GMC pickup truck.
It is a 5.3l gasoline engine. The Scangauge itself seems to work
great, but everytime I shutoff the engine and restart my clock in my
radio goes to 1:00 o'clock. Resetting the clock will not retain
setting. Can someone tell me if there is a fix for this problem. I
also want to make an xgauge for "this tank average MPG". Any help will
be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

rgw3955

Artronics

Jun 16, 2008, 8:15:30 AM6/16/08
to Scangauge
rg,

If you disconnect the scangauge, does your clock still reset? Usually,
the clock is reset when the radio loses power, like when the battery
is disconnected.
As far as the xgauge, you need to have a new revision on the firmware
to get that. On page 28 of the manual for xgauge there are some
instructions how to set it up.
Here is what I got:
TXD: 04
RXF: 8 followed by all 0's
skip the rest until you get to name and pick a 3 letter name.
That should do it.

rgw3955

Jun 18, 2008, 8:51:26 PM6/18/08
to Scangauge
I was able to program the xgauge with no problem, but the clock and
radio going off continues to be a problem. Yes, I tried to unplug the
scangage, both at the unit and at the connection under the dash. The
problem just comes back when the scangauge is plugged in again. Radio
and clock work fine without the scangauge. The radio will play about
20 seconds before turning off, and the clock always goes to 1:00 when
the truck is restarted.
> > rgw3955- Hide quoted text -

rgw3955

Jun 28, 2008, 9:22:46 AM6/28/08
to Scangauge
I was able to fix the problem myself by pulling the radio fuse out
while the power was on for about 1 minute and then reinstalling the
fuse. The clock then reset and the radio works properly now.

dougeichler

Jul 6, 2008, 6:41:43 PM7/6/08
to Scangauge
I had a problem with 2002 Hyundai, they sent me a new cable which also
fixed my radio/clock reset in my 1997 Sierra. I have to use the
original cable with my 2008 Honda.