Unable to locate package scalr-server

Joel Griffiths

Mar 27, 2017, 2:59:15 PM3/27/17
to scalr-discuss
The installation instructions reference a URL that doesn't exist.

https://packagecloud.io/scalr/scalr-server-oss/ubuntu/

I see some packages in https://packagecloud.io/scalr/scalr-server-oss but the most recent package is nine months old.

Where can I find the Xenial (or earlier) release of opensource Scalr?

Joel Griffiths

Mar 27, 2017, 4:38:24 PM3/27/17
to scalr-discuss
Looking at the repo, it appears that nine months is current.

It seems strange that the deb files in https://packagecloud.io/scalr/scalr-server-oss) load installation instructions instead of a deb file. Using those instructions, it installs without any problem.

Marc O'Brien

Mar 27, 2017, 5:47:37 PM3/27/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Joel,

Glad to hear you were able to complete your installation successfully.  This is correct, Open Source Scalr is presently updated at a later interval than Enterprise Scalr.  Installation instructions in our Installing Scalr Wiki are current.  By the way, welcome to the Scalr Open Source community! We're excited to have you join us.  Please feel free to post any issues or questions you have moving forward and we will do our best to lend a hand.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

Ed Prok

Jun 21, 2017, 4:27:16 AM6/21/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Good morning. I'm trying install SCALR server onto Ubuntu 17.04, i use installation manual, and i'm still usin x64 ubuntu version, but, after updat repository, i got this message:
sudo apt-get install scalr-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package scalr-server

dpkg --print-architecture
amd64

Reading package lists... Done
W: The repository 'https://packagecloud.io/scalr/scalr-server-oss/ubuntu zesty Release' does not have a Release file.

Thanks for any Ideas

Marc O'Brien

Jun 21, 2017, 5:37:59 PM6/21/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Ed,

You will need to use a supported OS version.  Details are available in our Installation Guide.  By the way, welcome to the Scalr Open Source community! We're excited to have you join us.  Please feel free to post any issues or questions you have moving forward and we will do our best to lend a hand.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support