Issue in Scalr server instance is in pending status

usha k

Jun 28, 2017, 3:55:59 PM6/28/17
to scalr-discuss
Hello everyone,

I have been  facing an Issue while trying to provision an instance. It was showing that the server status is in pending state  continuously and finally the server used to be in terminate pending state. Could any one suggest.

Marc O'Brien

Jun 28, 2017, 5:08:56 PM6/28/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Usha,

This indicates that there is an issue provisioning the instance that eventually results in the Initialization timeout being passed and the instance terminated.  Typically this is due to network connectivity issues.  As a first step, please ensure that you have followed our Required Networking documentation.  If issues persist, screenshots of your experience in the UI, including any errors encountered, and agent logs from the instance will be helpful:

/var/log/scalarizr.log
/var/log/scalarizr_debug.log
/var/log/scalarizr_update.log

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support
Message has been deleted

usha k

Jul 7, 2017, 9:19:44 AM7/7/17
to scalr-discuss

Hello folks.

After a role added to the farm it was showing like farm created and servers launched. But when I check  with the servers there was no server started. I waited for long time but it didn't showed any servers running or even atleast initializing. Could anyone suggest.

Marc O'Brien

Jul 10, 2017, 4:46:52 PM7/10/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Usha,

There is not enough information provided to assist with troubleshooting.  Are you using our Shared Roles or did you create your Image and Role yourself?  Were you able to confirm that you have followed our required networking documentation?  Please check the System Logs tab in the Scalr UI after you have Launched your Farm for log entries when Scalr attempts to provision resources for your Farm.  We should be able to see the calls being made to provision resources and may be receiving errors.  Screenshots of your experience in the UI may be helpful.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support

usha k

Aug 1, 2017, 2:34:36 PM8/1/17
to scalr-discuss
Hello Folks,

I have been facing with an Issue that  i am unable to provision the Instance. Here are the screenshots regarding that instance and its system logs.

Marc O'Brien

Aug 1, 2017, 4:30:47 PM8/1/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Usha,

Based on the System Log UI screenshot, the instance is unable to call home to Scalr to deliver HostInit message and is eventually terminated as failed due to the HotInit timeout threshold being reached.  Presuming you are using a healthy image with the Scalarizr agent correctly installed, typically this occurs when there are networking issues preventing communication between Scalr and the agent on your instances, or an issue with instance instantiation or orchestration preventing proper startup.  Next step will be for you to SSH in to your failing test instance after Scalr attempts to launch it and gather the agent logs to see if we are getting obvious errors logged before Scalr terminates the instance as failed.  Logs will be on your instance in the following location:

/var/log/scalarizr.log

/var/log/scalarizr_debug.log

/var/log/scalarizr_update.log

Many thanks,

Wm. Marc O'Brien

Scalr Technical Support

usha k

Aug 2, 2017, 11:18:35 AM8/2/17
to scalr-discuss

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your advice. I tried on that but I didn't find any logs in scalarizr.log and scalarizr_debug.log and plz check scalarizr_update.log once. I took the screenshots of these logs while instance was in pending state. Please suggest.

Marc O'Brien

Aug 2, 2017, 12:00:56 PM8/2/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Usha,

You will need to check the full contents of the update log.  Your screenshot does not show log contents.

Many thanks,

Wm. Marc O'Brien

Scalr Technical Support

usha k

Aug 2, 2017, 1:40:12 PM8/2/17
to scalr-discuss

Hello Marc,

Previously it didn't showed any logs. Now I created another instance and copied the logs of scalarizr_update.log. Please check it once Marc.

Marc O'Brien

Aug 3, 2017, 1:39:57 PM8/3/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Usha,

The logs can not be viewed in full from your screenshot.  You will need to pull the logs off the server and review them in full to look for the relevant error messages.

Many thanks,

Wm. Marc O'Brien

Scalr Technical Support

Message has been deleted