Can't Choose Operating System When Adding Non-Scalr Servers

Amin Husni

Apr 7, 2017, 1:31:32 AM4/7/17
to scalr-discuss

I tried to add my server. The installation and connection went well. However, I am now stuck at this part as there are no options in the Operating System dropdown menu.
Hopefully somebody could help out. Tried so many things but still can't.
Scalr is running on Ubuntu 14 while the target servers are running on Ubuntu 16(Existing deployment I have in AWS EC2).

5.11.22 (Community Edition)

Amin Husni

Apr 7, 2017, 2:13:34 AM4/7/17
to scalr-discuss
I've manage to solve this by doing the following steps:

1. Login as your admin user
2. Click on the top left icon and search for Operating System
3. Click create new OS
4. Enter the version number for your OS and the name.
5. The option should start to appear on Role Creation.

Vitaliy Demidov

Apr 7, 2017, 2:18:17 AM4/7/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com
It is abnormal situation when there are not any OS in Scalr. It must have been some error during upgrade process.