First configuration issue - python error when calling wizard

Benjamin Alpert

Apr 27, 2017, 8:50:50 AM4/27/17
to scalr-...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

I installed the scalr binaries vie yum on a RHEL7.3 x64 system.
Upon calling the wizard I get the following python error:

$ ./scalr-server-wizard Please wait... Done! Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 5, in <module> File "/opt/scalr-server/embedded/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 291, in load **kw) File "/opt/scalr-server/embedded/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads return _default_decoder.decode(s) File "/opt/scalr-server/embedded/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()) File "/opt/scalr-server/embedded/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded") ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

What am I doing wrong? Are there any prerequisites?

BR

Marc O'Brien

Apr 27, 2017, 2:46:34 PM4/27/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for reaching out to the community.  We are glad to have you join us.  I just tested this on my end on AWS using the basic 7.3 RHEL AMI from the marketplace and I was not able to replicate this error, however I tested using the full "
sudo /opt/scalr-server/bin/scalr-server-wizard " command.  Can you test with this as well and confirm if behavior changes for you?  If issues persist, is there any change if you test using a different OS or AMI?

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support