AWS VM's stuck after Cloud-init

Andres Garcia Garcia

Mar 31, 2017, 5:10:35 AM3/31/17
to scalr-discuss

I have a local Scalr deployment and I was following the 3 Tier Web App tutorial.

All steps work fine, but when I try to deploy the farm in AWS, all the machines get stuck after Cloud-init.

Here is the last line of the log

Cloud-init v. 0.7.5 finished at Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:06:49 +0000. Datasource DataSourceEc2. Up 67.80 seconds

Then the machines stay like that indefinitely.

Jeff Gojkovich

Mar 31, 2017, 12:08:37 PM3/31/17
to scalr-discuss
Can you ssh to the nodes at this point?  What is in the scalarizr logs?  /var/log/scalarizr/

Andres Garcia Garcia

Apr 5, 2017, 7:14:17 AM4/5/17
to scalr-discuss
 I can't, I get a connection refused error.

Andres Garcia Garcia

Apr 7, 2017, 4:37:34 AM4/7/17
to scalr-discuss
Do we have any progress? If you need more information please tell me, we are blocked using Scalr in my organisation right now.

Marc O'Brien

Apr 7, 2017, 3:18:59 PM4/7/17
to scalr-discuss
Hi Andres,

Are you using our shared roles with our Scalarizr agent already installed, or are you using your own image?  You will need to open port 22 in your security group rules to allow SSH and gather your logs in order to better understand the error and situation.

Many thanks,
Wm. Marc O'Brien
Scalr Technical Support