Announcing Scalismo 0.91-RC3

Marcel Luethi

Mar 24, 2022, 10:27:37 AM3/24/22
to scalismo

Dear Scalismo users,

We are happy to announce that the next release of Scalismo will arrive shortly. We have just released the 3rd release candidate: scalismo-0.91-RC3.

This release comes with many important changes:

  • Update to Scala 3. The new version can be used from both Scala 3.1 and Scala 2.13.
  • Update to VTK 9.1 and Jogl 2.4.  This does not only allow us to access the latest functionality from VTK, but at the same time fixes a bug that caused Scalismo-UI to crash on MacOS.
  • Allowing for missing values and partial observations in Gaussian process regression.
  • New IO Functions for writing intensity models (defined on tetrahedral meshes).
  • Improved handling of nifti images, in particular with respect to non-standard coordinate orientations.
  • A new DSL for building up proposal for the MCMC sampler. See https://scalismo.org/docs/next/Tutorials/tutorial15 for an extended example.
  • Various bug fixes (see git shortlog v0.90.0..v0.91-RC3 --no-merges for details)

Although there were many changes under the hood, there should only be minor changes required to adapt your existing code base to the new Scalismo version. We would greatly appreciate it if you could give it a try so that we can fix as many bugs as possible before the official release.

To upgrade to the new release, change the scalismo dependency in your build.sbt to

libraryDependencies += "ch.unibas.cs.gravis"%%"scalismo"%"0.91-RC3"

As always, we are happy to hear from you on the scalismo mailing list or the gitter channel.

Best regards,

The scalismo developers