Scalismo Lab crashes when running code

Elon X Æ A-12

Jun 23, 2021, 11:37:11 AM6/23/21
to scalismo
The following error was produced when attempting to run the first line of code in the "Hello Scalismo" tutorial:

2021-06-23 11:14:08.417 java[1891:21469] failed assertion success at line 3470 in endPrimitiveBuffer

/scalismolab-macOS/scalismolab/scalismolab.command: line 15: 1891 Abort trap: 6 "$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" -Xmx3g -jar dist/scalismoLab.jar

I am running the latest Mac OS with Java Version 8 Update 291. Did anyone else experience the same issue? Interestingly, the program does not crash when running a simple "print("hello world")".

Much appreciated!

Marcel Luethi

Jun 23, 2021, 3:22:45 PM6/23/21
to Elon X Æ A-12, scalismo
Hi Elon

Welcome to the Scalismo community. I am sorry that your first experience with Scalismo is directly a crash.

Unfortunately, it is an error that I have never seen so far and it also seems that nobody has reported this before. A wild guess would be that the file that you are trying to read is somehow corrupt. Could you try to read another mesh file in the directory instead?

Best regards,

Marcel