PCA with ScalismoLab

Ilaria A.

Dec 8, 2020, 5:48:38 AM12/8/20
to scalismo

Hi everybody,
I'm using ScalismoLab to create a model by a PCA from a set  of meshes in correspondence. I've use the function .creatingUsingPCA()

Regarding this function I have two questions:
1) How this function really works?
2) Once I've created my model using PCA, I've exract the eigenvalues, but there is a way to extract also the eigenvectors and the covariance matrix that describe my model.

Best regards,
Ilaria

Marcel Luethi

Dec 8, 2020, 1:42:42 PM12/8/20
to Ilaria A., scalismo
Dear Ilaria

An introduction to the concepts behind the Scalismo Implementation is given in our Paper Gaussian Process Morphable Models:
As explained in Section 2.1, we are using a standard PCA to compute the shape variations.

To see how it is done in code, you can look at the source code of the method DiscreteLowRankGaussianProcess.createUsingPCA:

Best regards,

Marcel

Ilaria A.

Dec 9, 2020, 3:48:42 PM12/9/20