Re: Running multiple child objects within a master object (or other type)

1 view

Marcel Luethi

Mar 17, 2022, 4:24:16 AM3/17/22
to Cory Ferraz, scalismo
HI Cory,

You should define a function for each computation that you would like to perform. In your example you would have a function rigidICP, that contains the code for the ICP in the first object, a function registerMeshes in the second and so forth. You could also introduce an object Main, which is then just there to call these functions sequentially.

Best regards,

Marcel

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 2:09 AM Cory Ferraz <coryf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I have written three objects that I want to run sequentially with a single run.

1) The first object runs an ICP rigid fit on a group of meshes,
2) the second registers those meshes from object 1, and
3) the third object finds the mean of the meshes generated in object 2.

How do you sequentially run all three objects within a master object (or other class type)? I am not looking to combine the code from all three objects into one single object rather I would like to have a script call all three sequentially.

I spent a few hours today looking up how to do it but I have come up short and my coding is intermediate at best.

Thanks again,
Cory Ferraz

Cory Ferraz

Mar 18, 2022, 12:58:50 PM3/18/22
to scalismo
I deleted the comment earlier because I figured it out on my own. I appreciate the response.