Scalismo Lab:From Meshes to Deformation Fields

Jainta Paul JP

Jul 1, 2021, 7:05:57 AM7/1/21
to scalismo
Dear Scalismo Community,
I tried to run the code mentioned in the documentation as "Scalismo Lab: From Meshes to Deformation Fields". I got an error as I tried to run the first few lines of the code snippet. I have attached the code snippet and the error message I received after running the code snippet. It will be much helpful if someone can give me a solution.

Thank you

code_snippet.png
error.png

Marcel Luethi

Jul 2, 2021, 3:19:48 AM7/2/21
to Jainta Paul JP, scalismo
Hi

This message means that you are running out of memory. You can either choose to work with a smaller dataset or to increase the memory limit of the JVM. You do the latter by editing ScalismoLab.bat (or ScalismoLab.sh if you are on Linux).
Locate the line where scalismoLab is called (on Windows this is %JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -jar -Xmx3g dist\scalismoLab.jar) and change the parameter -Xmx3g to -Xmx6g, to allow for 6gb or memory instead of only 3.

Best regards,
Marcel