bringing shapes to their initial position

wastell.c...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2021, 6:24:08 AM2/19/21
to scalismo
Hi,

I the process of taking shapes in correspondence, after alignment the initial position of shapes (except reference shape) undergoe some changes.
I was wondering how can I put the shapes (that are in correspondence in terms of their points) can be brought back to their initial position?

With Kind Regards,
Chris,

Marcel Luethi

Feb 22, 2021, 7:48:28 AM2/22/21
to wastell.c...@gmail.com, scalismo
Dear Chris,

Are you using landmarks to align the shapes? If yes, the solution is simple.. Just reverse the order of the reference/target Landmarks that you used for alignment and you will get the
inverse transform, with which you can put them back into their original position.

If you did not use landmarks, you would need to serialize the rigid transformation that you used (e.g. by storing the transformation parameters). You can then recover the transformation and invert it.

Best regards,

Marcel