About Scalismo UI

Bereket Workie Anteneh

Aug 8, 2020, 4:03:12 AM8/8/20
to scalismo
C:\Users\user>sbt new unibas-gravis/scalismo-seed.g8
[info] welcome to sbt 1.3.12 (Oracle Corporation Java 1.8.0_251)
[info] set current project to user (in build file:/C:/Users/user/)
[info] set current project to user (in build file:/C:/Users/user/)

A minimal Scalismo project

name [ScalismoSeed]:

 What will be my input after this to get Scalismo UI?

Marcel Luethi

Aug 8, 2020, 4:54:14 AM8/8/20
to Bereket Workie Anteneh, scalismo
Have you tried pressing enter?

Bereket Workie Anteneh

Aug 8, 2020, 6:55:15 AM8/8/20
to scalismo
Ya, when tried enter or folder name and enter the result is show error like bellow.

C:\Users\user>sbt new unibas-gravis/scalismo-seed.g8
[info] welcome to sbt 1.3.12 (Oracle Corporation Java 1.8.0_251)

[info] loading project definition from C:\Users\user\project

[info] set current project to user (in build file:/C:/Users/user/)
[info] set current project to user (in build file:/C:/Users/user/)

A minimal Scalismo project

name [ScalismoSeed]:
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Unexpected internal error near index 1

at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.(Unknown Source)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.String.split(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.String.split(Unknown Source)
at giter8.G8$.expandPath(g8.scala:212)
.

.

.

at xsbt.boot.Boot.main(Boot.scala)
[error] java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\giter8-155663982350365\src\main\g8.gitignore
[error] Use 'last' for the full log.

So, how I can fix this problem?

Marcel Luethi

Aug 8, 2020, 11:27:52 AM8/8/20
to Bereket Workie Anteneh, scalismo
okay I see.

This seems to be a known issue on some versions of windows with sbt new. If you don't want this error to appear, you can run it as administrator. However, you can also safely ignore it. It has already done all it should and just stumbles during cleanup.
By changing into the newly created directory and running sbt run you should then see the ui popping up.

Bereket Workie Anteneh

Aug 25, 2020, 9:45:21 AM8/25/20
to scalismo
When I say ''sbt run'' the following error is shown;

C:\Users\user>sbt run
[info] welcome to sbt 1.3.12 (Oracle Corporation Java 1.8.0_251)
[info] loading project definition from C:\Users\user\project
[info] set current project to user (in build file:/C:/Users/user/)
[error] java.lang.RuntimeException: No main class detected.
[error]         at scala.sys.package$.error(package.scala:30)
[error] stack trace is suppressed; run last Compile / bgRun for the full output
[error] (Compile / bgRun) No main class detected.
[error] Total time: 0 s, completed Aug 25, 2020 4:37:51 PM

So, how I can correct this?

Andreas Morel-Forster

Aug 25, 2020, 10:32:54 AM8/25/20
to scal...@googlegroups.com

To me it looks like you did not change the directory after you have created the new project using by calling

sbt new scalismo-seed.g8

Have you entered a name for your project when you were promted to do so? And did the command successfully create a folder with that given name? Then you should change into this directory by using the cd command.

Best, Andreas

Bereket Workie Anteneh

Sep 16, 2020, 3:44:47 PM9/16/20
to scalismo
Dears,
 Finally, I get the following window in my Scalismo installation with IDE as shown in the following screenshot. Considering this I have two questions.
1. Does I got the correct Scalismo UI or not?
2. If it is correct how I can add the Scalismo libraries for doing Statistical shape modeling?
ui.PNG

Andreas Morel-Forster

Sep 18, 2020, 3:06:26 AM9/18/20
to scal...@googlegroups.com

It looks that the IDE has not yet properly imported the project. Otherwise at least the import scalismo should not be underlined red.

- Have you installed the scala-plugin for the IDE?
- If the plugin is installed, search for the sbt-tool window (the default location is on the right side of your window but it does not appear in your IDE). If you accidentally closed it, then clicking on the bottom left corner of the IDE opens a context menu where you should be able to open the sbt-tab
- Click in the sbt-tab on refresh, and maybe directly activate auto-import (checkbox: Automatically import the project when ..... ) in the settings of the tab.

If everything worked, then you should be able to see all dependencies (scalismo-ui, scalismo and many more) of your project in the project tree on the left under "External Libraries".

Best, Andreas