Re: Update from 0.14 to 0.90

Marcel Luethi

Jan 7, 2021, 12:04:09 PMJan 7
to Maia R., scalismo
Dear Maia,

I also wish you a happy new year. I am glad to hear that working with the IDE went smoothly.

To change to Scalismo version 0.90 you really only need to change the line that you point out in the build.sbt. However, it should read
"ch.unibas.cs.gravis" %% "scalismo-ui" % "0.90.0"
(the version is 0.90.0 and not 0.90).

Unfortunately the new versions breaks quite a few things and will require some changes in your code. Fortunately, all the changes should be relatively simple to do. Just check how it is done in the Scalsimo tutorials.

Please let us know if you have any problems with the new version or with the migration.

Best regards
Marcel

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 5:10 PM Maia R. <veneree.ran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Scalismo group,

Happy new year and best wishes.

I am working with Scalismo within an IDE for a while: everything is great, thank you all for the support.

I'd like to upgrade from 0.14 to 0.90.
In my built.sbt, I have those dependencies (as explained in this file http://empty-set.me/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Scalismo-with-IntelliJ.pdf):
====================
resolvers += Resolver.bintrayRepo("unibas-gravis", "maven")
libraryDependencies ++= Seq("ch.unibas.cs.gravis" %% "scalismo-ui" % "0.14-RC1")
====================

Here, as far as I understand, I have Scalismo version 0.14.

What should I change in my build.sbt if I want to upgrade to 0.90 ?
Is it :
libraryDependencies ++= Seq("ch.unibas.cs.gravis" %% "scalismo-ui" % "0.90")   ?

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
Maia

V R

Jan 7, 2021, 1:19:01 PMJan 7
to Marcel Luethi, scalismo
Thank you Marcel.
I also found earlier the information on the new Scalismo website ;-)
Great work !