Announcing Scalismo 0.91.0

Marcel Luethi

May 28, 2022, 12:36:43 PM5/28/22
to scalismo

Dear Scalismo users,

We are happy to announce that we just released Scalismo version 0.91.0.

This release comes with many important changes:

  • Update to Scala 3. The new version can be used from both Scala 3.1 and Scala 2.13.
  • Update to VTK 9.1 and Jogl 2.4.  This does not only allow us to access the latest functionality from VTK, but at the same time fixes a bug that caused Scalismo-UI to crash on MacOS.
  • Allowing for missing values and partial observations in Gaussian process regression.
  • New IO Functions for writing intensity models (defined on tetrahedral meshes).
  • Improved handling of nifti images, in particular with respect to non-standard coordinate orientations.
  • A new DSL for building up proposals for the MCMC sampler. See https://scalismo.org/docs/next/Tutorials/tutorial15 for an extended example.
  • Various bug fixes (see git shortlog v0.90.0..v0.91.0 --no-merges for details)

To upgrade to the new release, change the scalismo dependency in your build.sbt to

libraryDependencies += "ch.unibas.cs.gravis"%%"scalismo"%"0.91.0"

We will shortly also publish a release 0.91.1, which will address some security vulnerabilities in hdf5.

Best regards,

The scalismo developers