Newbie Q - PoseAndShapeParameters

Karam Elabd

Mar 1, 2023, 8:08:55 PM3/1/23
to scalismo
Hi all, trying to implement some of the steps from tutorial 15 of the Scalismo course. I'm running into an issue where the PoseAndShapeParameters class isn't being recognized. I think I have all the correct library dependencies included in my build.sbt file.

To note, I also see a red warning ('can't resolve symbol') for a couple of my import statements at the top of my script for the following
- import scalismo.sampling.parameters._
- import scalismo.sampling.loggers.MHSampleLogger

The code is unadulterated and pasted off of the tutorials website. Any advice or best practices for what I can do to troubleshoot?

Much appreciated. Thank you!
err-1.PNG

Marcel Luethi

Mar 7, 2023, 11:14:14 AM3/7/23
to Karam Elabd, scalismo
Dear Karam

Sorry for the late reply. You should find this class already defined in Scalismo, but you need the right imports. Did you do the following import?
import scalismo.sampling.parameters._

Best regards,

Marcel

Marcel Luethi

Mar 7, 2023, 11:20:37 AM3/7/23
to Karam Elabd, scalismo
My apologies for the silly response. You have clearly stated that you have the import.

My guess is, that you don't have the correct Scalismo verson. You need version 0.91.1.

An easy way to run the tutorials is to use scala-cli as discussed here:
The documentation is for vscode, but scala-cli now also works together with intellij.

The advantage of using scala-cli is, that you can simply download the file from the scala-tutorial, and run it directly. There is no need to copy-paste code-snippets or set up a project.

Best regards,
Marcel