Custom UI with manually added buttons

Michael Lennon

Jun 17, 2021, 3:29:21 AM6/17/21
to scalismo
Hi team,

Just wondering if you might be sharing a tutorial (or some code) in the future on how to set up a custom UI like the one demonstrated by Denis Madsen in his Youtube demo: https://youtu.be/__1tvaIKtaU

I would appreciate if you could also confirm that the code in the background of this demo of surface registration and image registration is the same as that in  "Tutorial 11: Model fitting with Iterative Closest Points" and "Tutorial 13: Active Shape Models" respectively. For the image registration it does appear that the extra step of drawing image outlines in the UI appears to result in a much better fit than what I could achieve when replicating Tutorial 13.

As always your support for my questions is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

Capture.JPG

Marcel Luethi

Jun 17, 2021, 8:41:49 AM6/17/21
to Michael Lennon, scalismo
Hi Michael,

What Dennis has presented is really just standard Scalismo, but using some features which are currently poorly documented.

I have created a gist, which should show you how you can customize ScalismoUI:
The following page on the Scalismo webpage might also be useful in this context

The drawing of the lines  in Dennis' demo is implemented using a plugin for ScalismoUI.

For fitting, a standard Metropolis-Hastings algorithm is used as explained in the tutorial. The fitting to the lines is achieved by defining  a likelihood function (evaluator) whose log probability is proportional to the distance of the model to the closest point on the line.

Best regards,

Marcel