PointId and write SSM

Cedric Hemom

Jul 7, 2021, 10:51:08 AM7/7/21
to scalismo
Hello,
I am having problems creating my SSM model. When I use the visualization with Points IDs, the points are well in correspondence. But I would like to know if it was possible to use this use of Points IDs when exporting so that my points in correspondence are stored in the same order between each stl file.

Andreas Morel-Forster

Jul 7, 2021, 11:13:44 AM7/7/21
to scal...@googlegroups.com

Hi Cedric

I would recommend to not use .stl files for writing out meshes. Use either .vtk or .ply files. There are a few problems reported when working with stl files. It seems that you found out that e.g. the points are not necessarily in the same order than they have been in memory. This should not happen for the other file formats mentioned above.

Best, Andreas