Tutorial 12

Maia R.

Jan 28, 2021, 2:48:19 PMJan 28
to scalismo
Hi,
I am wondering if there is an error on Tutorial 12:
fixedImage is the reference and the movingImage is the target.

========
val fixedImage = referenceMesh.operations.toDistanceImage
val movingImage = targetMesh.operations.toDistanceImage
========

I thought that the reference mesh associated to the model is the moving one or I do not understand this tutorial ?

Thank you,
Best regards

Marcel Luethi

Jan 29, 2021, 1:38:23 AMJan 29
to Maia R., scalismo
Hi Maia

The naming is very confusing, but correct. What we implement here is in fact an image registration algorithm. In image registration, when you have a deformation field pointing from the reference to the target, it is the target image that is resampled and hence appears as moving. This is called a backward warp.

In future versions of Scalismo we will likely rename the terminology to make things more clear.

Best regards,
Marcel

V R

Jan 29, 2021, 8:55:11 AMJan 29
to Marcel Luethi, scalismo
Hi Marcel,
Thank you very much for the explanation.
Best regards
Maia