Tutorial 12

Maia R.

Jan 28, 2021, 2:48:19 PM1/28/21
to scalismo
Hi,
I am wondering if there is an error on Tutorial 12:
fixedImage is the reference and the movingImage is the target.

========
val fixedImage = referenceMesh.operations.toDistanceImage
val movingImage = targetMesh.operations.toDistanceImage
========

I thought that the reference mesh associated to the model is the moving one or I do not understand this tutorial ?

Thank you,
Best regards

Marcel Luethi

Jan 29, 2021, 1:38:23 AM1/29/21
to Maia R., scalismo
Hi Maia

The naming is very confusing, but correct. What we implement here is in fact an image registration algorithm. In image registration, when you have a deformation field pointing from the reference to the target, it is the target image that is resampled and hence appears as moving. This is called a backward warp.

In future versions of Scalismo we will likely rename the terminology to make things more clear.

Best regards,
Marcel

V R

Jan 29, 2021, 8:55:11 AM1/29/21
to Marcel Luethi, scalismo
Hi Marcel,
Thank you very much for the explanation.
Best regards
Maia