Could complete code examples from scalikejdbc.org be put online?

RobertZ

Sep 29, 2020, 6:17:47 AM9/29/20
to ScalikeJDBC Users Group
Hello all,

I was wondering if some working, compiling complete code examples from the scalikejdbc.org website could be published, maybe on github.

I'm a complete scalikejdbc.org newbie. I am looking to implement a postgresql listen/notify system to get a feeling for scalikejdbc. Unfortunately I'm having difficulty following the examples given in the documentation on scalikejdbc.org/documentation. It takes me quite a lot of time to get things to compile and run.

I'm not quite sure if the problem is with me, if some of the examples given are obsolete, or if important steps are skipped, possibly from the assumption (in my case incorrectly) that these steps are trivial and shouldn't clutter the website.

I believe it would greatly help me and others adopting scalikejdbc if some working, compiling complete code examples could be published.

Would such a thing be possible?

Thank you for your time,

Robert

Kazuhiro Sera

Sep 29, 2020, 5:37:01 PM9/29/20
to RobertZ, ScalikeJDBC Users Group
Hi Robert,

>I was wondering if some working, compiling complete code examples from the scalikejdbc.org website could be published, maybe on github.

I'm not sure what kinds of difficulties you're having but the content on the website is not outdated. You can ask questions with your code snippets in the GitHub issue tracker. I can help you run your code then.

Best,
Kaz