Read a gziped HIVE table in scalding

Jing Lu

Aug 30, 2019, 7:51:31 PM8/30/19
to Scalding Development
Dear Scala Community,

I have a gziped HIVE table and want to read from scalding. The file path looks like this /hive/my.db/mytable/partition=1/part-xxxxx-c000.gz

Is there a standard way to do that for TypedPipe?

Thanks

Alex Levenson

Sep 3, 2019, 4:19:04 PM9/3/19
to Jing Lu, Scalding Development
Hello,

Not that I know of. If you can find a cascading Tap/Scheme that understands that file format, or a hadoop InputFormat, then you could start gluing together the layers required (Hadoop InputFormat -> cascading Tap -> Scalding Source).
It can be a bit of a pain however to get all those layers together.

Alex

Alex Levenson
@THISWILLWORK