Reducer Estimators and GroupAll

Russell Carden

Jun 26, 2018, 11:31:35 AM6/26/18
to Scalding Development
I am working with scalding version 2.11.   I have observed that the reducer estimator overrides the number of reducers for a groupAll.   Has this been fixed in the latest version of scalding?

P. Oscar Boykin

Jun 26, 2018, 2:41:29 PM6/26/18
to ruca...@gmail.com, Scalding Development
there is no scalding 2.11, maybe you mean scala 2.11?

I think this was a bug in old versions of scalding, but it was fixed I am fairly certain.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 5:31 AM Russell Carden <ruca...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am working with scalding version 2.11.   I have observed that the reducer estimator overrides the number of reducers for a groupAll.   Has this been fixed in the latest version of scalding?

Russell Carden

Jun 26, 2018, 5:38:28 PM6/26/18
to Scalding Development
Scala 2.11 and Scalding version 0.13.

Oscar Boykin

Jun 26, 2018, 5:47:47 PM6/26/18
to Russell Carden, Scalding Development
yeah, that's pretty old.... 0.17.4 is the latest.

Definitely worth upgrading.