java.lang.NoSuchMethodError for ApplicativeBuilder6

May 29, 2018, 3:45:46 PM5/29/18
to scalaz
hi,

we are using Scalaz version 7.2.23. When we use ApplicativeBuilder to an arity of 6 (5 is OK)

      val test = (
        "1".successNel[String] |@|
        "2".successNel[String] |@|
        "3".successNel[String] |@|
        "4".successNel[String] |@|
        "5".successNel[String] |@| // commenting out this line will make this work
        "6".successNel[String])

fails with following error

scalaz.syntax.ApplicativeBuilder$ApplicativeBuilder3$ApplicativeBuilder4$ApplicativeBuilder5.$bar$at$bar(Ljava/lang/Object;)Lscalaz/syntax/ApplicativeBuilder$Appl$$$$2372beaf59261a3aac2c68c71405a$$$$er5$ApplicativeBuilder6;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scalaz.syntax.ApplicativeBuilder$ApplicativeBuilder3$ApplicativeBuilder4$ApplicativeBuilder5.$bar$at$bar(Ljava/lang/Object;)Lscalaz/syntax/ApplicativeBuilder$Appl$$$$2372beaf59261a3aac2c68c71405a$$$$er5$ApplicativeBuilder6;

I have used the sbt dependencyTree plugin to check for clashes of Scalaz versions but could not find any. The funny thing is that I can not reproduce this error in a noddy project.

Any clues?

jbgir...@gmail.com

May 29, 2018, 4:08:44 PM5/29/18
to sca...@googlegroups.com
We had this error recently at work. There was two scalaz versions in the dependency tree though, the last scalaz version in main compile scope and an old version in test scope (which was used to run tests).