scalaxb 1.11.0

eugene yokota

Feb 26, 2023, 4:05:03 PM2/26/23
to scalaxb
Hi folks,

scalaxb 1.11.0 is released!

## http4s client + tagless final style

scalaxb 0.11.0 adds support for http4s client generation.

ThisBuild / organization  := "com.example"
ThisBuild / version := "0.1.0-SNAPSHOT"
ThisBuild / scalaVersion := "2.13.10"
ThisBuild / scalaxbPackageName := "generated"
ThisBuild / scalaxbGenerateDispatchClient := false
ThisBuild / scalaxbGenerateHttp4sClient := true

lazy val scalaXml = "org.scala-lang.modules" %% "scala-xml" % "2.1.0"
lazy val scalaParser = "org.scala-lang.modules" %% "scala-parser-combinators" % "2.2.0"
lazy val jaxbApi = "javax.xml.bind" % "jaxb-api" % "2.3.0"
lazy val emberClient= "org.http4s" %% "http4s-ember-client" % "0.23.18"

lazy val root = (project in file("."))
  .enablePlugins(ScalaxbPlugin)
  .settings(
    name := "soap",
    libraryDependencies ++= Seq(scalaXml, scalaParser, jaxbApi, emberClient),
  )

This was contributed by Darren Gibson ([@zarthross][@zarthross]) in [#596][596].

## updates
* Moves setting key default values to `globalSettings` by @eed3si9n in [#597][597]

## behind the scene
* Add scripted test by @eed3si9n in [#598][598]

## new contributors
* [@zarthross][@zarthross] made their first contribution in [#596][596]

**Full Changelog**: https://github.com/eed3si9n/scalaxb/compare/v1.9.1...v1.11.0

  [596]: https://github.com/eed3si9n/scalaxb/pull/596
  [597]: https://github.com/eed3si9n/scalaxb/pull/597
  [598]: https://github.com/eed3si9n/scalaxb/pull/598
  [@zarthross]: https://github.com/zarthross

Eric Richardson

Jun 23, 2023, 8:56:29 PM6/23/23
to scalaxb
Hi Eugene,

Trying out the lastest - my xsd includes NIEM which means I get the WARN module: xxxyyy.xsd imports ../niem/xsd/utility/structures.xsd but no schema with that name was compiled together. Then I eventually get "scalaxb.compiler.ReferenceNotFound: Error: Referenced type {http://release.niem.gov/niem/structures/5.0/}ObjectType was not found." which looks like it is coming from the first reference shown above.

I am using the plugin so I am not sure what to do - we normally use JAXB xjc and that seems to work. I see examples to use the command line to pass all the files so any hints are appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Richardson

Jun 23, 2023, 8:58:13 PM6/23/23
to scalaxb
Oops, I have this in my build -
Compile / scalaxb / scalaxbXsdSource := file("path/to/xxxyyy.xsd")

Eric Richardson

Jun 25, 2023, 5:28:53 PM6/25/23
to scalaxb
I tried just the path to the directory too with no luck.

eugene yokota

Jun 25, 2023, 10:58:00 PM6/25/23
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

You likely need to download the schema file manually and compile them together?

Thanks,
-eugene