Dealing with bad data and getting hold of the scalaxb for requests and responses

Chris King

Jan 17, 2017, 10:31:49 AM1/17/17
to scalaxb
Eugene,

We are consuming XML from a legacy system using scalaxb, and we occasionally get data we are not expecting. When this happens we are required to provide both the request and response XML to help diagnose the issue. We are struggling to find a sensible way to do this - can you offer any suggestions?

Secondly: one of the things that causes problems is that we are being sent malformed URIs as the body of some <uri> elements, and java.net.URI throws an exception when trying to parse them. We have a means to fix the problem, but are looking for the best place to plumb it in. Again, any suggestions would be gratefully received.

regards

Chris

eugene yokota

Jan 17, 2017, 1:22:39 PM1/17/17
to scalaxb
Do you have a stack trace of where the problem is happening?
If you know the layer where the problem is happening, for example String -> XML parsing,
then you can swap out the responsible cake layer and add logging, notifying, error handling etc.

-eugene

Chris King

Jan 23, 2017, 5:25:52 AM1/23/17
to scalaxb
It was failing in the String -> XML Parsing.

We have replaced the slice with one of our own that fixes the URIs in the XML string before it gets parsed. Thanks!