Scalatest plus Selenium created unnecessary browser Windows

Oscar Vargas Torres

Aug 22, 2020, 4:37:29 PM8/22/20
to scalatest-users
I am following the approach suggested here:
to create multiple nested suites to be able to execute the same test (using different data in each test/Suite) in parallel.

However, I am experiencing that multiple and unneccesary browser Windows open (more than the number of nested suites). The additional windows remain opened even after the test has finished.

to reproduce the problem. My OS is Linux.

A related problem can be reproduced with https://github.com/oscarvarto/CrossBrowserTesting#problem--1.
In this case, it seems that the simple fact of discovering the existence of Suites (even if those shouldn't be executed!!) created browser Windows that do nothing, leak resources, and remain opened. I tested on both Windows and Mac OS X.

My hunch is that the creation of the webDriver should be on demand (maybe not a val?, but a def?).

Thanks in advance.