Scalate + scala 2.10.3

Jon Freedman

Jan 22, 2014, 3:55:00 AM1/22/14
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Any chance we can get a new build or has the scalate project stagnated?

Ross A. Baker

Jan 22, 2014, 8:13:42 AM1/22/14
to sca...@googlegroups.com

2.10.x versions of Scala libraries are binary compatible. I use the current version of Scalate on Scala 2.10.3.

A new version will be necessary for Scala 2.11.

On Jan 22, 2014 3:55 AM, "Jon Freedman" <jon.fr...@zoho.com> wrote:
Any chance we can get a new build or has the scalate project stagnated?

Jon Freedman

Jan 24, 2014, 8:35:49 AM1/24/14
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Scalate does not work with scala-reflect 2.10.3 (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/scalate/_a_837JZBTw)

Ross A. Baker

Jan 24, 2014, 9:57:44 AM1/24/14
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the scala-reflect thing is true.  Try explicitly depending on scala-reflect-2.10.3 and scala-compiler-2.10.3 to override the versions inherited transitively by Scalate.  My versions all match, and it runs fine for me.

Cross-publishing Scalate for every patch version of Scala would certainly be possible, though it would have unpleasant effects on libraries that depend on Scalate.  Perhaps this synchronizing of the versions is something that needs to be highlighted in the documentation until scala-reflect settles down in a future version of Scala.

--
Ross A. Baker
ba...@alumni.indiana.edu

David Moles

Apr 7, 2014, 2:41:46 PM4/7/14
to sca...@googlegroups.com
For anyone else coming across this thread: this solution doesn't work, apparently because scalate 1.6.1 relies on scala-reflect methods that don't exist in 2.10.3.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scala.reflect.internal.TreeInfo.firstArgument(Lscala/reflect/internal/Trees$Tree;)Lscala/reflect/internal/Trees$Tree;