episode 8

Jed Wesley-Smith

Aug 28, 2012, 12:21:30 AM8/28/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com
haven't got any topics yet, but it is due in a couple of weeks – Wed 12 September.

anyone want to put their hand up to talk?

if no-one does I might just have to pull out "So, what is a Monad anyway?" – and you don't want to hear me talking about that…

cheers,
jed

Eric Springer

Aug 28, 2012, 7:16:33 PM8/28/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com
I could do:

"How to implement a lisp (in scala), in like, 15 minutes"

but it would be reasonably short, so not a replacement for your talk.

I could explain lisp, the mysticism behind it, and how to implement your own using a cool technique I "discovered" (long with, I'm sure, every other person implementing any interpretter) to make it stupidly-easy. And as a bit of a counter to my previous talk, I'll explain why I feel Scala is a far superior choice than C++ for this problem.

Brian McKenna

Aug 28, 2012, 7:31:45 PM8/28/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com
"I'll explain why I feel Scala is a far superior choice than C++ for
this problem."

Never thought I'd hear that from you. Awesome!

Jed Wesley-Smith

Aug 28, 2012, 8:15:20 PM8/28/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com, scal...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great! Booked.