Episode 9 coming up

Jed Wesley-Smith

Oct 21, 2012, 9:05:00 PM10/21/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com
all,

You might have noticed that we didn't have a meeting this month. This was basically due to Atlassian moving in to the new office – we were busy with that and the calendars got confused. Anyway…

The next meetup is November 14. Currently scheduled are James Roper from Typesafe and Declan Conlon from Atlassian.

We need another speaker! Please, if you think you have something, an experience report, a brief look at Scala 2.10, an in-depth look at some part of the API – put your hand up to speak!

James has a number of potential talks – from:
  • Slick
  • Reactive streams - Play's Iteratee API
  • Compiler performance war stories - what you can do to make your app compile faster
so if anyone has any particular preference please add their voice now.

RSVPs and details here:

cheers,
jed.

James Roper

Oct 21, 2012, 11:06:26 PM10/21/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com
The talk I'll be giving will be:

Reactive streams - Play's Iteratee API

If people want, I can prepare presentations on the other ones another time.

As for the presentation on Iteratees, I'm interested in knowing if anyone has ever used them, whether in Play, Haskell, Scalaz or something else?  I'm going to aim my presentation fairly low, starting with what it means to handle streams reactively, through to what the requirements of our interfaces should be to do so, and then from there introduce Iteratees.

Michael Neale

Oct 22, 2012, 3:03:14 AM10/22/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com
If people are interested, I would like to talk about deployment of play/scala/akka apps (what we have recently been doing at cloudbees to make it funnerer).

--
Michael D Neale
home: www.michaelneale.net

Jonathan Ferguson