Unwanted unknownFields appear after upgrading from 0.7.2

Paul B.

Feb 14, 2022, 1:00:40 PM2/14/22
to ScalaPB
Let's say I have the following message:
```
syntax = "proto3";

package com.foo.mynotifications;

message MyNotification {
    string user_id = 1;
    string message = 2;
    string message_body = 5;
}
```
In plugins.sbt I have:
addSbtPlugin("com.lightbend.akka.grpc" % "sbt-akka-grpc" % "0.7.2")

The generated case class has the following signature:
final case class MyNotification(userId: String, message: String)

If I upgrade sbt-akka-grpc to 0.8.0or any version above that, the generated case class will receive a new field and will have the following signature:
final case class MyNotification(userId: String, message: String, unknownFields: UnknownFieldSet)

Is there a way to upgrade without getting the unknownFields: UnknownFieldSet field added to all the classes generated from my messages?
Having to cope with the new field would mean I'll have to update quite a big amount of code in my services.

Paul B.

Feb 14, 2022, 1:03:09 PM2/14/22
to ScalaPB
Please ignore