build to an older version of grpc

starkadder

Jun 25, 2020, 1:28:28 AM6/25/20
to ScalaPB
I'm using the latest version of ScalaPB for a project, and it building to gRPC version 1.27.0.  When I include this as a library in another project that depends on version 1.20.0, it breaks the older client.

How can I force ScalaPB to build to gRPC version 1.20.0?

Nadav Samet

Jun 25, 2020, 1:33:04 AM6/25/20
to starkadder, ScalaPB
Hi,

When building the library and including a dependency on scalapb-runtime-grpc, you can exclude its dependency on grpc-java 1.27.0 and manually add 1.20.0.