Proto files in unmanaged jars of sbt project

Ross Thomas

Jan 30, 2020, 12:31:04 PM1/30/20
to ScalaPB
Hi folks,

I have a bunch of unmanaged dependencies in the 'lib' dir of an sbt project.  Since I am unable tag these dependencies with the 'protobuf' classifier (or have been unable to find a way to do so) the required .proto files within these jars are not extracted by scalapb and hence not made available for use by the rest of the project.  The strange thing is that IDEA finds them just fine (for inspection purposes) so I guess it is simply searching the classpath (which includes lib/*.jar).

Does scalapb provide a method to access these proto files?  Or is there a special sbt incantation that I am missing?

TIA.