How do you guys work with GitHub and issues?

Dr. Ivan Zapreev

Jan 26, 2015, 6:13:35 PM1/26/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com
I was looking at a couple of Issues I could try to tackle in the scalan project but it is not yet clear
to me if, and if yes then how, I could get those issues "assigned to me" or "put on my name".
Clearly, if I start working on some issues, that probably means that any unintentional collisions
with some other participant what might be tempted to work on the same problems, are not desirable,
right?

Alexey Romanov

Jan 29, 2015, 1:49:29 AM1/29/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com
This unfortunately already happened. Just post that you'd like to start working on the issue first, we should respond if it's already being worked on.

Dr. Ivan Zapreev

Jan 29, 2015, 8:40:09 AM1/29/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com
It feels not very agile to me ... would it be perhaps possible to just mark the issues which are being currently worked on somehow? Then I at least see from what to choose.
I am trying to prevent the situation in which I should wait a day or even more before I get a reaction on the post. If I could see the "free-open" issues then I could immediately
post by the chosen one that I want to start working on it. Would this be an option?

Alexey Romanov

Jan 29, 2015, 10:06:35 AM1/29/15
to Dr. Ivan Zapreev, sca...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we need to work this out better. We'll discuss it.

Yours, Alexey Romanov