Running scalan tests.

Dr. Ivan Zapreev

Jan 26, 2015, 6:18:52 PM1/26/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com
I feel myself a bit of a spammer, but I could not yet find much on running the scalan tests (unit, integration, and etc)
The main README.md provides a very scarce information of this matter. Is there any specific test framework you are using?
Any possible info on the subject will be greatly appreciated :-D

Alexey Romanov

Jan 29, 2015, 1:59:20 AM1/29/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com
We are just using ScalaTest. Just running `test` and `it:test` (and `lms-backend/it:test` until #14 is fixed) in SBT should be enough. Are there any problems with running them?
Message has been deleted

Dr. Ivan Zapreev

Jan 29, 2015, 9:11:16 AM1/29/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Actually, I've already figured it out  :) And yes, everything goes smoothly, I only miss a general summary after running all the tests. For the rest it works just fine.

Dr. Ivan Zapreev

Feb 16, 2015, 6:38:22 AM2/16/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com

By the way, how do you run BoilerplateToolRun tests? Is there a script that invokes it?

Because in your listing I see it is invoked with a long set of java parameters. In the scalan project, though, I only have the generated classes:

zapreevi:~/workspace/scalan-ce$ find . -name "*BoilerplateToolRun*"
./meta/target/scala-2.10/classes/scalan/meta/BoilerplateToolRun$.class
./meta/target/scala-2.10/classes/scalan/meta/BoilerplateToolRun.class
zapreevi:~/workspace/scalan-ce$

Is it your own script you use or is there a special way to do it? Please share your wisdom, the meta/README.dm is not very helpful.

Dr. Ivan Zapreev

Feb 16, 2015, 3:54:40 PM2/16/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com

The answer is in picture. Although it would go faster if you would just comment on this.

Alexey Romanov

Feb 16, 2015, 4:10:24 PM2/16/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com
I personally just run it from SBT. On the other hand, you are right that `meta/README.md` should be removed and its usage documented in root README. It's an artifact from `meta` originally being in a separate repository.

Dr. Ivan Zapreev

Feb 17, 2015, 6:32:35 AM2/17/15
to sca...@googlegroups.com
Oh well ... no problem. I did not try to run it from sbt, but may be next time ))))