scalan warm up

Andrea Peruffo

Nov 3, 2015, 3:48:59 PM11/3/15
to scalan
Hi guys,
I'm just starting checking out this awesome project,
my goal is to experiment and evaluate it enough to have a couple of custom backends working at least on small examples.

at first a bunch of questions:
Is this the right place to keep in touch with you?
Have you considered opening a gitter channel?

I think we could cooperate, with your help during the process, I can report a kinda of tutorial while I'm starting a project from scratch.

At a very first glance looks like that the documentation is really wrapped with the main project and the project settings... maybe we can try to extract a stand alone hello-world project that do not need an IDE to get it working.
What do you think?

Cheers!
Andrea

Alexander Slesarenko

Nov 4, 2015, 2:06:33 AM11/4/15
to Andrea Peruffo, scalan
Hi, Andrea.
Sounds great!
Yes, this is the right place, and you can also use https://gitter.im/scalan, whichever works best for you.
We have https://github.com/scalan/scalan-starter project for new developments, though it may require upgrade to latest scalan-core and scala compiler versions. We use it once in a while as a template for new independent repositories.

Getting started tutorial would be really cool, fill free to submit PR.
Any questions let us know.

BR
Alex

Andrea Peruffo

Nov 4, 2015, 2:50:57 AM11/4/15
to scalan, andrea.pe...@gmail.com
Hi Alexander,
thanks a lot for the pointer to scalan-starter, I go for it!
I will like to use gitter but looks like you don't have public room opened on the scalan project...

I will keep you updated!

Cheers
Andrea

Andrea Peruffo

Nov 4, 2015, 5:30:34 AM11/4/15
to scalan, andrea.pe...@gmail.com
I started to bump scalan-starter to 2.11-SNAPSHOT wich is the version I hope to use.
Unfortunately there are still a few thing missing:

could you help?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Alexander Slesarenko

Nov 4, 2015, 2:01:17 PM11/4/15
to Alexey Romanov, Andrea Peruffo, scalan
Alexey,
Could you please look at this?

Alexey Romanov

Nov 4, 2015, 2:47:27 PM11/4/15
to Alexander Slesarenko, Andrea Peruffo, scalan
Yes, but it'll have to be tomorrow morning, sorry.

Yours, Alexey Romanov

Alexey Romanov

Nov 5, 2015, 4:34:22 AM11/5/15
to scalan, andrea.pe...@gmail.com
Hi! I updated it and pushed to https://github.com/alexeyr/scalan-starter for now, will push to https://github.com/scalan/scalan-starter later.

There were some problems with dependencies and code needed to be regenerated by running `starter-meta/run` in SBT.