Scala 2.10m7?

Baldur Norddahl

Sep 26, 2012, 8:23:58 AM9/26/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade ScalaGWT to the most recent version of Scala to take advance of new language features such as macros?

I have a ton of exciting things I could do with macros and ScalaGWT :-).

Regards,

Baldur

Grzegorz Kossakowski

Sep 26, 2012, 8:31:26 AM9/26/12
to scal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Baldur,

It's possible to upgrade but I think that would quite a bit work. We would need to merge M7 into our fork. I haven't tried but I think that part would be ok. The more tricky part is building library from M7 that can be used by Scala+GWT projects.

The problem with this part is reflection. GWT does not support reflection so we need to put work-arounds in place. Scala reflection has been heavily refactored and our old work-arounds will need to be updated.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski