Scala 2.13 support

Bene Volent

Sep 24, 2019, 7:36:26 AM9/24/19
to ScalaFX Users
Any news regarding support of ScalaFX for Scala 2.13 (Java 8 in my case)?

Jarek Sacha

Sep 24, 2019, 8:13:58 PM9/24/19
to scalaf...@googlegroups.com

Release v.12.0.2-R18 supports Scala 2.13. I was able to use to run scalafx-hello-world, as is, with Java 8 using JavaFX 12.

Jarek

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 7:36 AM Bene Volent <invic...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any news regarding support of ScalaFX for Scala 2.13 (Java 8 in my case)?

Bene Volent

Sep 25, 2019, 10:14:05 AM9/25/19
to ScalaFX Users
All good, thanks!

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 7:36 AM Bene Volent <invi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any news regarding support of ScalaFX for Scala 2.13 (Java 8 in my case)?

Jarek

Jan 25, 2020, 11:33:36 PM1/25/20
to ScalaFX Users
On Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 8:13:58 PM UTC-4, Jarek wrote:

I was able to use to run scalafx-hello-world, as is, with Java 8 using JavaFX 12.

Sorry for confusion I may have created about Java 8. The fact that scalafx-hello-world with ScalaFX12 runs on Java 8, proves only that. It should not be generalized as a statement that ScalaFX 12 works with Java 8 in general.

ScalaFX 12 needs JavaFX 12 to run properly. Java 8 includes JavaFX 8 if any (some distributions of Java 8 do not include any JavaFX). ScalaFX 12 will not work reliably with JavaFX 8.

Bene Volent

Jan 27, 2020, 5:07:37 PM1/27/20
to scalaf...@googlegroups.com
This is clear now. Thanks