Race condition testing

Marc Saegesser

Jan 25, 2016, 5:12:31 AM1/25/16
to scalacheck
In his "Testing the Hard Stuff and Staying Sane" (http://www.infoq.com/presentations/testing-techniques-case-study)  talk John Hughes talks about using a feature of QuickCheck to detect race conditions. The idea is to run the tests concurrently on multiple threads and then verify that the results from all the test threads can be linearized into sequence that would be valid if the tests had run on a single thread. Is this kind of feature available in ScalaCheck? What kinds of facilities does ScalaCheck have for detecting race conditions and other concurrency bugs?

Rickard Nilsson

Jan 25, 2016, 6:51:22 AM1/25/16
to scala...@googlegroups.com