Can't make SBT resolve ScalaCheck using Git

David

Feb 13, 2017, 6:14:22 AM2/13/17
to scalacheck
Hello!

So I wanted to mess around a bit with ScalaCheck's internals but I can't make sbt find the library if I'm pointing it to my fork.
Is it something special you need to add to build.sbt as this is a testing-framework?

My build.sbt file looks something like this

lazy val root = (project in file("."))
  .settings(
    name := "myproject",
    version := "1.0",
    scalaVersion := "2.11.8",
    libraryDependencies ++= Seq(/*other dependencies*/)
  )
  .dependsOn(sc)

lazy val sc = RootProject(uri("https://github.com/davidlindbom/scalacheck.git"))
version in sc := "1.14.0-SNAPSHOT"

and my Main.scala only contains this

import org.scalacheck._
object Main extends App {
  println("Hello world")
}

I get different errors depending on what scalaVersion I set. If I'm using 2.11 sbt can't find ScalaCheck at all (but it still do download the repository to a subfolder to ~/.sbt).
If I instead would use 2.12, I'm getting `scalacheck is not a part of org`.

If anyone wants some extra internet points I asked this question on StackOverflow a few days ago here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42085357

Thanks
David