A github project (web application) to learn usage of ScalaCheck

Ajay Kamble

Dec 1, 2015, 1:47:29 AM12/1/15
to scalacheck
Hi All,

I recently stumbled upon ScalaCheck and think that is a possible solution to the problems we are facing (large volume of unit tests compared to code).

The challenge I think is to get accustomed to the shift in thinking, to get out of expected == actual thinking and think about invariants.

Obviously we can start will small steps, maybe just use generators to begin with. But there are many tests that are hard to think in terms of invariants. For example, we have tests for view templates (we are using play framework). We can imagine it as a function from some input to string (html). But it is difficult to see how to model this as mathematical property.

Could you guys point me to some Github projects that are using ScalaCheck (heavily) for reference.

-Regards
Ajay