December Monthly Meetup (Doodle poll available)

Rafael Cordones

Dec 2, 2012, 1:48:25 PM12/2/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

It was great to meet you all last Thursday!

We have also set up a Doodle poll for December to see if we can meet up before Christmas:

Idea: Maybe we could meet directly in one of the Xmas markets for a Glühwein and Punsch?!

/rafa

Manuel Bernhardt

Dec 5, 2012, 5:16:51 AM12/5/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thanks Rafa for coordinating all of this. So far the Doodle poll seems to suggest a strong pull towards Wed 19th.

I like the idea of having a meeting at an xmas market directly! I mean I hope we'll have plenty of opportunities to have inside sessions over the next year(s). Just perhaps not at Rathaus which is often crowded and utterly commercial. What do you think about Karlsplatz? I found that to be quite fitting for larger groups.

Manuel

--
Manuel Bernhardt

Julian Schrittwieser

Dec 5, 2012, 5:52:09 AM12/5/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
I agree, I think we should take the opportunity and go to some christmas market;

I also happen to like the one Karlsplatz, both because I like the market there and because it's only a short walk from my flat :)
Aside from that one, Spittelberg is also nice.

cheers, Julian

Florian Heinisch

Dec 5, 2012, 6:21:41 AM12/5/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Karlsplatz seems to be a good idea! Count me in :)

Cheers,

Florian

Rafael Cordones

Dec 5, 2012, 11:04:54 AM12/5/12
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

Hi!

Great idea to meet directly at a Christkindlmarkt! Let's take the one at Karlsplatz then.
Still the open question is where *exactly* do we meet at Karlsplatz? :-)

We have updated the meetup with the date and place
http://www.meetup.com/scala-vienna/events/93750802/

By the way, as mentioned in the last meetup http://scala-vienna.org is now live!
The contents of the website are served from GitHub Pages at
https://github.com/scala-vienna/scala-vienna.github.com

We have also requested to meetup.com that out page is reachable at
http://meetup.scala-vienna.org
but unfortunately it will take a while for them to "process" it.

Looking forward to our next meeting!

/rafa

Michal Bigos

Dec 6, 2012, 1:08:47 AM12/6/12