DevFest 2014 - Call for Speakers

radim.p...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2014, 6:58:09 PM6/17/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Call for Speakers has been opened for the DevFest 2014. I think we should somehow coordinate whether we will be presenting something as Scala Vienna User Group.

Does anybody has any ideas? Last time (2013) we had a workshop with Scala basics and Michal Bigos had an advanced functional programming presentation. So for those of you who would like to participate, please attend our June meetup, we would discuss it there.

radim.p...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2014, 11:32:56 AM6/25/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
We haven't discussed anything in our June meetup, so I would like to open the discussion here. If anyone has time and is willing to devote it to the presentation, please raise your hand!

According to the http://www.devfest.at/ there are just 45 minutes talks and 20 minutes talks.

Petra Bierleutgeb

Jun 26, 2014, 1:45:02 PM6/26/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Do you have an idea for a presentation yet?

I was thinking about submitting a 20 min talk, but I haven't decided on a topic so far. Maybe something Akka and/or Play related...

/petra

radim.p...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2014, 12:31:52 PM6/27/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
I have two ideas:
Reactive design and paradigms
Scala tools and technologies in 2014

Petra Bierleutgeb

Jun 28, 2014, 1:00:36 PM6/28/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested in the "Reactive design and paradigms" topic.