Proposed enhancements to SIP-14 for Scala 2.12

√iktor Ҡlang

Sep 26, 2014, 7:08:53 AM9/26/14
to <scala-sips@googlegroups.com>
Dear Scalars,

I've been working on and off the past years collecting feedback from scala.concurrent users, StackOverflow, at conferences and through emails both from mailing lists and sent to me personally—to see what sharp edges are present in the current version, what features are missing and how we can improve the status quo.

The SIP-14 co-authors have reviewed the code-proposal and I now would really like to elicit more general feedback on the proposed amendment of SIP-14 below.

The commit-message for the squashed PR below outlines the changes and the rationale for the changes, but please let me know if there's something that needs further elaboration.

I have some ideas for performance improvements that might make it in time to include in the proposal but haven't been able to get started on it yet.