Monday March 6: Sharon Holliday on Conquering JSON with the Circe library

Ben Hutchison

Feb 20, 2017, 5:30:48 PM2/20/17
to scala...@googlegroups.com
Melbourne Scala passes another milestone with our first female presenter this month!

REA's Sharon Holliday, Lead Developer of the Listing Search Experience team, will be presenting:

Conquering Json with the Circe library

At REA we have recently started using the Circe Json encoding / decoding library.

Circe provides a strongly functional approach to handling Json. We will take a detailed look at how to use it to decode / encode anything, exploring how it’s API models Json, and understand how its use of the type class pattern enables a declarative style of use.

We're hosted by REA Group, ground floor, 511 Church Street, Richmond, Melbourne (go through red doors in ground floor lobby). Someone will come to open outer doors regularly to 6:30. Call Ben on 0407990094 for help with building access.

Monday March 6th. Arrive from 5:45 for pizza & conversation, talks start at 6:30. As always, newcomers are most welcome.

Hope to see you there,

-Ben

Ken Scambler

Feb 20, 2017, 5:48:01 PM2/20/17
to Unname
You're forgetting the talk Liz Douglass of Thoughtworks did in 2012 or so. :)

Nonetheless Sharon's talk will be great, looking forward to it!

Ken