[JOB] Scala developer opportunities at Zendesk

cfair...@zendesk.com

Jun 20, 2017, 12:45:43 AM6/20/17
to Melbourne Scala User Group
We're currently looking for experienced Scala developers to join two of our teams in Melbourne!

Our Data Engineering team builds machine learning-based products and the product we have in beta is based on Deep Learning using Google Tensorflow. Here’s a blog one of the team wrote on the subject - https://medium.com/zendesk-engineering/how-zendesk-serves-tensorflow-models-in-production-751ee22f0f4b

The Melbourne Infrastructure team own the development of event streaming within Zendesk and are the custodians of Maxwell an open-source MYSQL to Kafka binlog processor - https://developer.zendesk.com/blog/introducing-maxwell-a-mysql-to-kafka-binlog-processor

You may know about Zendesk or even been to our offices because we host a lot of Meetups, including the one for this group a couple of months ago. But in case you don't, here's a snapshot of what we do:
Zendesk was started in a Copenhagen loft by three friends who used an old kitchen door as a desk. They wanted to bring a bit of zen to the chaotic world of customer support and they wanted to do it with software that was nice to look at and easy to use. Today, Zendesk is a customer service platform with over 100,000 customers and designed for companies that want to create customer relationships that are more meaningful, personal, and productive. We have 15 offices globally and over 1700 staff (and growing!).

Questions? Reach out to Caitlin Fairchild, Technical Sourcer, at cfair...@zendesk.com or feel free to share my details to someone you know who would be interested. Thank you :)