New section for category theory on the Scala Wiki

Kevin Wright

Sep 14, 2011, 4:30:32 AM9/14/11
to scala-language, sca...@googlegroups.com

Find it here:

The only thing currently in there is a brief use-case for the Kleisli Monad (shamelessly stolen from an email by Chris Marshall).  I just wanted to get the ball rolling and give people a place to build out from.

--
Kevin Wright
mail: kevin....@scalatechnology.com

"My point today is that, if we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent": the current conventional wisdom is so foolish as to book that count on the wrong side of the ledger" ~ Dijkstra

onof

Sep 16, 2011, 3:47:37 AM9/16/11
to scala-language
+1 It will be very useful, especially for my as I'm learning scalaz :)

BTW, there is a typo: >>= should be replaced by >=>, isn't it?

onof

On Sep 14, 10:30 am, Kevin Wright <kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Find it here:
>
> https://wiki.scala-lang.org/display/SW/Category+Theory+Concepts
>
> The only thing currently in there is a brief use-case for the Kleisli Monad
> (shamelessly stolen from an email by Chris Marshall).  I just wanted to get
> the ball rolling and give people a place to build out from.
>
> --
> Kevin Wright
> mail: kevin.wri...@scalatechnology.com
> gtalk / msn : kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com
> <kev.lee.wri...@gmail.com>

Vlad Patryshev

Feb 16, 2017, 4:28:38 PM2/16/17
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com, sca...@googlegroups.com
Somehow bumped into it, 5+ years later.

A short clarification note. There is no such thing as "Kleisli Monad".
Namely, monads were known in the old days as "Kleisli Triples" (Kleisli introduced this term, as far as I know). Later a "new" term, "monad", replaced it.

Thanks,
-Vlad

mail: kevin.wright@scalatechnology.com