Active learning path for ScalaJS

Sid T

Nov 13, 2019, 12:38:36 AM11/13/19
to Scala.js
I have been wrestling the last few hours with trying to get ScalaJS tutorials to run. It seems like the tutorial GitHub repos linked on the ScalaJs home page have not been updated for years and some rely on libraries that are using older versions of Scala. I got close with http://www.lihaoyi.com/hands-on-scala-js/ after updating the dependency versions but Sbt still could not find the main function (presumably because `main` signature is no longer supported by ScalaJS?). Are there any maintained ScalaJS tutorials that demonstrate the components and frameworks the community is behind? Is Udash the framework to go with? Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Ashutosh Pathak

Nov 15, 2019, 4:43:02 AM11/15/19
to Sid T, Scala.js
dont use , i too wasted 3-4 months in 2018 with scalajs

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 11:08 AM Sid T <derob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been wrestling the last few hours with trying to get ScalaJS tutorials to run. It seems like the tutorial GitHub repos linked on the ScalaJs home page have not been updated for years and some rely on libraries that are using older versions of Scala. I got close with http://www.lihaoyi.com/hands-on-scala-js/ after updating the dependency versions but Sbt still could not find the main function (presumably because `main` signature is no longer supported by ScalaJS?). Are there any maintained ScalaJS tutorials that demonstrate the components and frameworks the community is behind? Is Udash the framework to go with? Any guidance would be appreciated.
> Thank you!

Francis Stephan

Nov 15, 2019, 5:33:41 AM11/15/19
to Sid T, Scala.js
With no previous experience of Scala or Scalajs, I tried scalajs-react (https://index.scala-lang.org/japgolly/scalajs-react/core/1.1.1 , which refers to some nice tutorials) on a toy project (https://github.com/francisstephan/pashtoscript ) some months ago, and it worked quite well.

I lost some time until I settled for the Japgolly scalajs-react package, but after that development was quite straightforward.

I tried the same with Clojurescript and Elm - also on Github - frankly the Clojurescript experience was easier, but then I do have a bias for Clojure - and  the deployment with Google Closure optimization is much simpler.