Can't run HelloWorld

syl.n...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2018, 2:30:42 PM10/22/18
to Scala IDE User
Hi everybody,

I am trying to enter the wonderful world of Scala programming, but I can't manage to run a simple HelloWorld :-(
Please can somebody point me out where or what I got wrong? I have attached a a screenshot, hope that's OK.
Thanks in advance,
Sylvain

PS:
Error message translates as:

Error: Could not initialize main class MyPackage.HelloWorld in module module myProject
Caused by : module myProject: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Capture d’écran de 2018-10-22 19-16-56.png

Rafał Krzewski

Oct 23, 2018, 4:27:59 AM10/23/18
to Scala IDE User
Can you retry with JDK 8? Apparently JDK 10 module system is getting in your way.
I think you need to add some parameters to java invocation, but I don't know the details - I haven't tried running Scala on JDK above 8 yet.
You could try googling about running legacy java applications on JDK 9/10/11 - the command line parameters should be the same.

Cheers,
Rafał